Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Paperwork Begins

These past few weeks have been extremely busy. I got sort of used to doing things at a leisurely pace the last several months since I had time off work. Well…that is a thing of the past! To catch everyone up, here’s what’s been going on.

February 18th – I received a call from the China Program Director at Lifeline letting me know that my application had been accepted. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with her, and left feeling encouraged yet overwhelmed about what was to come.

February 20th – I received a call from my social worker for the first time. Of course, I wanted to make a good first impression. Well that’s not what happened! Remember how I said I was working in the middle of no where? Well I had cell service that’s to be expected in the middle of no where! I know she thought I was a complete crazy - I could only hear half of what she was saying! (I called her back later in the day to apologize!)

March 3rd – I had my Orientation Interview call with my social worker. During this call we talked all about me, China adoption, and what to expect going forward. I was sent 3 manuals by email, and talked through those and what I needed to accomplish over the next couple of weeks. My mind went into full paperwork mode!



March 4th – I completed my fingerprinting for my Alabama DHR Child Abuse and Neglect clearance. It was pretty anti-climactic - no black ink on my fingers…it’s all biometric live scan these days!




While all of this was going on, I was also interviewing an accepting a new job! I came home from my California project on February 20th, by that next week I had 4 job offers for long term projects! This is one of the ways I have seen God’s hand in this process. I accepted a Monday thru Thursday job in Charlotte, NC. We will be bringing up 40 OB clinics on EMR and I’ll be doing training for OB nurses and physicians! So, not did God provide me a job - He made sure it was only an hour flight, I would be home on Fridays and I still get to use my OB skills! I found out on Tuesday that they wanted me to start the next Monday. So in addition to all the adoption paperwork, I have spent the rest of my week doing new job paperwork, drug tests and lab work! Busy, busy, busy! But I wouldn’t have it any other way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips